Sunday, September 28, 2008

I thought you might like to see a flavor of Russia. What a place to visit. I loved it. below are the famous churches on Red Square in the heart of Moscow. I've seen these since I was a kid. It was a bit surreal to actually be there. Hard to write all the impressions. We can talk when we are together. This building is at the opposite end of Red Square from the churches above.
To the right is the Kremlin.

Ghosts of Lenin and Stalin still hanging aroung the place.....a little scary.
Plenty of military presence. This is the changing of the Guard outside the Kremlin.

(Bronco may be looking for a new field goal kicker....what do you think?)

In one of the Metro stations, they have a hall with bronze statues depicting all the different types of labor that can/could be done by the Soviet faithful. I was impressed to see that a statue of a BB player made the cut along with all the factory workers etc.

3 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Amazing that you were there! Wow!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

When you emailed saying you had new posts, i thought for sure it was going to be of your cleared out storage room!!! J/K.....I have been excited to see some of your Russia pictures! Cool!! What a great experience!! Can't wait to see more pics when we are there in Dec, and you can tell us a little more about Russia!!!

amy stansel said...

wow!! these are GREAT pictures. I can't believe you were there. Post some more. I love seeing all the places you go to.